I love my job as a massage therapist because I get to make a difference in other people’s lives! I help them get out of pain that’s either an acute (new) or chronic (long time) pain. I find out what area of the body is bothering the patient then work the surrounding muscles to better soothe and relax them. I customize each massage for each patient.
Shae RichardsonChiropractic Assistant
Working at South Jordan Chiropractic has taught me so much about health and happiness that I can’t believe I had not been taught anywhere else. The human body is capable of so much as long as you are taking the right steps to guide it in healing and free its innate intelligence.
Savanna ShetlinOffice Manager
Dr. R Jay ShetlinGraduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa
Undergraduate Studies at Riverside, CA, and University of Utah
Chiropractic care is a reliable and holistic treatment for many ailments, all under the careful attention of Dr. R. Jay Shetlin, “Utah’s Premier Auto Accident Specialist.” Dr. Shetlin founded South Jordan Chiropractic Center and Injury Clinic, LLC. Dr. Shetlin is specially trained to diagnose distress in your nervous system and provide chiropractic treatment, allowing your body to heal naturally.
Dr. Shetlin has been amazed with the human body and what it’s capable of doing ever since he was a kid. In his youth, his mother was injured in a car accident and sought chiropractic treatment. The therapy restored her health and vitality, leaving a life-long impression on him that drove him into the field of chiropractic care.
- Published author and public speaker in health, healing, and Motor Vehicle Collision injury Recovery.
- Served as President of the Utah Spinal Research Foundation
- Served as President of the American Spinal Research Foundation
- Organized a Triathlon to fund Spinal Research
- Organized the, “Natural Health and Fitness Expo”
- Went to Haiti with a medical team in 2009
- Expert Witness for patients involved in Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Faculty for “The Whiplash Group” – Medical and Legal training team
- Lectured frequently on “Optimal health, naturally…without drugs and surgery.”
- President of the The Whiplash Group
- Served on the Utah Chiropractic Physician’s Association
- Headed two research studies, one on Asthma, the other on Multiple Sclerosis.
- Certified as an Auto Accident Specialist (One of only 32 in Utah!)
- Developed his practice into a group with Chiropractors, Medical Doctors, Physical Therapist and Massage Therapists all working together for the benefit of the patient.
Dr. Russell Terry
Graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Undergraduate studies at Utah State University
Chiropractic care has been an important part of Dr. Terry’s life from the time he was a child. After being in a car crash, he remembers his family treating with their family Chiropractor in Las Vegas, NV. Shortly after that, at the age of 10, his dad moved their family across the country to Davenport, IA, to pursue his own career in Chiropractic. He remembers watching his mother’s life improve dramatically as she began to be under consistent Chiropractic care at that time, and saw years of chronic headaches and pain begin to resolve.
Dr. Terry graduated Magna Cum Laude and began practice in Utah in 2010, and in 2011 opened his own practice in Riverton, UT. Since that time Dr. Terry has focused his advanced training on spinal rehabilitation, using mainly the techniques taught in Chiropractic Biophysics. He also has a passion for treating extremities and sports injuries, as his undergraduate training was in physical therapy and exercise science, and he himself is long time athlete. From 2016 to 2020 he worked as the Chiropractor for an integrated medical clinic, working together with Medical Doctors, Physical Therapists, and Nurse Practitioners, to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions.
Dr. Becky Altman
Dr. Altman, who grew up in Minnesota, earned a bachelor’s degree in biology before attending Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. After graduating from Palmer,
Dr. Altman took additional courses in CranioSacral Technique. Craniosacral therapy, involves manipulating the bones of the skull to treat any number of conditions. “Cranio” refers to the head or cranium, and “sacral” refers to the five fused vertebrae at the base of the spine (sacrum). “Craniosacral therapists are trained to feel with their hands the motion of the craniosacral system through extremely sensitive, gentle, and intuitive touch, thereby assisting the body’s natural corrective tendency.”
Together, the unbeatable team offers decades of experience to clients who want a naturally effective way to ease aches, promote healing, and even tackle tough diagnoses like traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.